Personnel PERFORMANCE REVIEW and Professional Development
The personnel performance review and professional development process is undertaken between responsible administrators/supervisors and supervisees to assess, guide, improve, and recognize work performance for the purpose of making progress toward achievement of organizational and individual goals.
This process occurs over a three-year cycle, beginning with a planning session held at the start of the cycle, in which work position expectations are clarified and goals are set. Over the course of a cycle, there is ongoing informal communication as well as specific feedback and guidance for improvement, including a brief annual review. The end of cycle comprehensive review discusses and documents personnel performance level, strengths, areas for development, and expectations for the future.
- The College cultivates a high performing workforce through personnel performance review and professional development that engages the entire organization, is appropriate to the nature of the work, recognizes exemplary performance, and addresses substandard performance.
- The College is committed to providing its personnel with opportunities to participate in professional development, education, and training activities directed at optimizing productivity, enhancing personnel personal and professional competencies, and nurturing a new generation of leaders prepared and able to lead the College into the future, consistent with managing the responsibilities and needs of their units.
- The College holds its leaders, responsible administrators, and supervisors accountable for engaging in the performance evaluation and development process in a fair and equitable manner and for ensuring the alignment of personnel and organizational goals and priorities.
- The College and its personnel share responsibility for continued learning and professional development appropriate to work duties and for the pursuit of individual, unit, and institutional success.
- The College seeks to maintain a program of training and professional development opportunities to address existing and projected competency needs, improve job performance, and enhance management and leadership talents.
College leaders, responsible administrators, and supervisors shall be held accountable for implementing a performance review and professional development process that is free of discrimination and is consistent in the treatment of personnel, provides for accurate performance reviews, and encourages open and constructive communication.
Personnel are expected to understand the importance of their contribution to the College’s mission, values, and success, and to exercise responsibility for actively engaging in the performance review and professional development process.
Whenever compatible with needs of teaching and operations, the College shall encourage and assist faculty and staff in their continual professional development through release time, financial support, and recognition. The College also organizes periodic in-service professional development and supports academic departments and other units in inviting professionals for professional development activities.