This policy describes the commitment of the College to recruiting and retaining talented and high-quality personnel.
- The College commits to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or any other applicable protected basis.
- The College seeks to recruit, appoint, hire, and retain a diverse workforce with personnel whose knowledge, skills, abilities, service orientation, and values support the College’s mission and standards.
- The College, in developing workplace policies, seeks to understand and take into account the factors that affect job satisfaction and productivity.
The College shall seek talented and diverse applicants through a flexible set of recruitment strategies, which take into account the nature of the position, the unit in which the position resides, the job market, and any applicable policy or directive. The College’s recruitment, appointment, and hiring practices shall comply with state and federal employment law
The College shall demonstrate its commitment to fostering and retaining its talented workforce by:
- providing introduction and job-specific training for all new personnel, including distribution of a handbook containing official policies and statements regarding recruitment, appointment, hiring, performance review, among other topics;
- providing preparation and support to incoming leaders;
- providing the resources, physical infrastructure, and development, education, and training opportunities to help ensure success;
- providing a learning environment where personnel are encouraged to grow and develop professionally with opportunities for career mobility and advancement;
- providing policies within a supportive workplace that help personnel effectively integrate and manage their work and personal life responsibilities;
- providing development, training, and coaching opportunities for managers and supervisors to strengthen their human resources management skills;
- encouraging communication between supervisors and supervisees;
- Identifying, recognizing, and rewarding personnel for their work contributing to and supporting the mission of the College;
- assessing job satisfaction, turnover rates, and reasons personnel decide to leave; and
- implementing strategies to improve job satisfaction and maintain appropriate turnover rates.