This policy describes the commitment of the College to recruiting and retaining talented and high quality personnel.
- The College commits to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or other applicable protected basis.
- The College seeks to recruit, hire, and retain a diverse workforce with personnel whose knowledge, skills, abilities, and service orientation support the College’s mission and standards.
- The College, in developing workplace policies, seeks to understand and take into account the factors that affect job satisfaction and productivity.
- The College fosters a positive workplace that is welcoming and respectful.
The College shall seek talented and diverse applicants through a flexible set of recruitment strategies, which take into account the nature of the position, the unit in which the position resides, the job market, and any applicable policy directives. The College’s recruitment and hiring practices shall comply with state and federal employment law.
The College shall demonstrate its commitment to fostering and retaining its talented workforce by:
- Providing introduction and job-specific training for all new personnel;
- Providing preparation and support to incoming leaders;
- Providing resources, physical infrastructure, and development, education, and training opportunities to help ensure success;
- Providing a learning environment where personnel are encouraged to grow and develop professionally with opportunities for career mobility and advancement;
- Providing policies within a supportive workplace that help personnel effectively integrate and manage their work and personal life responsibilities;
- Encouraging communication between supervisors and supervisees;
- Identifying, recognizing, and rewarding personnel for their work contributing to and supporting the mission of the College;
- Assessing job satisfaction, turnover rates, and reasons personnel decide to leave employment; and
- Implementing strategies to improve job satisfaction and maintain appropriate turnover rates.