Second Degree vs. Double Major
Fei Tian College permits qualified individuals to pursue an additional baccalaureate degree (second degree). A second degree applicant is an individual who previously earned a baccalaureate degree, and now seeks to enroll in a baccalaureate degree program in an essentially different area of study.
The College currently does not offer any double program or double major.
Policies for Second Degree
Application in this category is via the standard process for transfer applicants.
Graduation with an additional degree is contingent on the following:
- Earning, in residence, a minimum of 30 credits of courses that are core courses within the additional degree program. Credits that the student has previously used to fulfill the requirements of a previous degree do not count.
- Meeting all requirements for the additional degree program in effect at the date of matriculation.
- Meeting any and all financial obligations to the College and any or all of its supporting agencies.
- Following all College and academic policies, including course sequencing rules in the additional degree program.
Advising policies and guidelines:
- For their free electives, students are encouraged to take courses they have not previously taken.
- Students may, however, opt to retake courses they previously took, in order to, for example, improve their skills or earn a higher grade.