Credit for Prior Learning
Fei Tian offers matriculated students the opportunity to receive academic credit for documented prior college-level learning acquired through previous study or through non-classroom experiences.
Prior learning may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Credit transfer from another institution
- Credit by examination
- Credit by portfolio evaluation
The awarding of prior learning credit is conditioned on the following:
- The student must be matriculated at Fei Tian College.
- Prior learning must not duplicate or overlap previous coursework, or diminish the rigor of the program.
- Credit from prior learning is not included in calculating grade point average.
- The total number of credits awarded for prior learning may not exceed 50 percent of the credits required for graduation.
The determination of credit for prior learning is ultimately made by the Registrar in consultation with the department Chairs.
For more information about credit for prior learning, see policies on credit for prior learning, or contact the Office of the Registrar.Registrar Services › Credit for Prior Learning