After completing the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate with proficiency the creation of compositions that successfully use appropriate tools, elements of art and principles of design.
- Communicate art technique, history, and theory clearly and concisely to a layperson.
- Critically think about the purpose of making art and art’s influence on culture.
- Effectively communicate and present oneself and work in a professional manner by developing and maintaining an online presence.
- Students undertaking the Oil Painting concentration will be able to construct a technically sound painting on multiple substrates and media.
- Demonstrate with proficiency the ability to work with designers, art directors, project leads, and individual clients (real or hypothetical).